miércoles, 2 de diciembre de 2015

AUSSIE CHRISTMAS






I must admit that it is being REALLY difficult for me to get into the Christmas spirit this year. I am not used to Christmas in the summer. Before this year, I had only spent one Christmas in the southern hemisphere. That was almost 15 years ago and I was on holidays.

This year is different. I'm supposed to be thinking about Santa's loot for my kids at the same time I am trying to manage the end of the school year activities, special excursions, concerts, assemblies, fund risers, you name it, for four kids. Four kids who haven't even made their list to Santa yet because for them too this feels like June.... I hope this will change after we get our tree this week, although I still feel more like going to the beach than decorating a Christmas tree to be honest.

Anyway, with some discipline and the help of a calendar reminding me of the actual month of the year, I still managed to squeeze in a couple of Christmas inspired soaps. The first one I have called Aussie Christmas because, other than for the obvious reasons, I have used eucalyptus essential oil to scent it -rather than pine or fir needle- to honour the place that is now my home. But I couldn't help but adding some clove as well for a bit of warm Christmassy feeling. The colours do the rest.




The second one is part of my own tradition of making a candy cane inspired soap every Christmas. Each one has been different, both in formula and design, but I scent them all with a blend of peppermint and spearmint essential oils and colour them in red and white.





I might or might not write another post before Christmas so, just in case, Merry Christmas to y'all!!!

Anna










No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario